To specify if your listing is safe or suitable for children and infants:
- Go to Your listings on airbnb.com and select a listing
- Click Manage listing
- Click Booking settings at the top of the page
- Next to House rules, click Edit
- Select that your listing is suitable for children and infants, then click Save
If you state that your home is suitable for children, it's up to you if you want to provide special amenities or safety equipment. Here are some recommendations:
- A working smoke and carbon monoxide (CO) detector on every floor, and in all sleeping areas.
- A portable crib with a firm fitting crib sheet. Be sure to place it away from windows and blinds.
- Removable safety gates for stairs and, if you have a pool, a gate around it.
- Cordless window blinds.
- Secured storage for all household cleaning products, liquid laundry packets, medicine, and chemicals that's out of reach for children.
- Mounted flat panel TVs to avoid tip overs. Be sure to place heavier, box-style TVs on low, stable pieces of furniture. Use brackets, braces, or walls traps to secure unstable and top heavy furniture to avoid tip overs.
- A water heater set at no higher than 120 degrees Fahrenheit to avoid scalds.
You can also review the following safety tips that apply to all guests, and not just children.