Vintage midcentury estate on water by Lanikai Beach
10位 · 5間臥室 · 5.5間浴室
Rates starting at $1750/night
This historic oceanfront villa is situated on the east shore of Oahu, in the prestigious Lanikai neighborhood of Kailua, a short walk from Lanikai Beach. Built in the 1940s, the villa was once the summer home of the Hawaiian Princess Abigail Kawananakoa, before changing hands to an esteemed local family in 1956. Newly renovated into a superb vacation home, the villa balances vintage, mid-century modern elegance with exceptional contemporary amenities for relaxation and dining. Five beautiful bedrooms—including a separate guesthouse with private amenities—accommodate families and groups of friends up to ten in size.
The lush estate is nestled directly against the turquoise ocean, with unobstructed, panoramic vistas encompassing the Mokulua Islands and the vast Pacific horizon. The ample lawn is perfect for special ceremonies, basking in the exquisite sun, or playing in the open air amid the rhythms of the surf. The beach is only two minutes away on foot.
The interiors balance the rustic naturalism of a beach cottage with evocative mementos of the villa’s royal pedigree. Large windows and plentiful doors invite the ocean's presence into the cavernous great room, featuring comfortable lounge areas, a dining table, and a chef-equipped kitchen with breakfast bar. Soothing white surfaces accentuate the sublime surroundings, harmonizing with fine wood accents, a cool palette of blues and grays, and touches of vibrant color. In the adjoining room, a superb formal dining table is perched beside a comfortable lounge with picture windows gazing out to sea.
The bedrooms are furnished with an elegant simplicity, forming serene private havens for downtime and rest. The main house features two rooms with California king beds (including the ocean-view master), and two rooms with queen beds. The private guesthouse has a queen bed and ensuite bathroom, as well as its own living room, dining table, kitchenette, and alfresco dining area.
From tranquil retreat, you're about five minutes by car from the charming town of Kailua, and sixteen miles from Waikiki via the nearby John A. Burns freeway. Needless to say, this region abounds with extraordinary watersports, golf, and hiking.
Copyright © Luxury Retreats. All rights reserved.
HAWAII TAX ID #: TA-141-510-3488-01
BEDROOM & BATHROOM Main House
- Bedroom 1: California king size bed, Shared access to hall bathroom, Stand-alone shower
- Bedroom 2 - Master: California king size bed, shared Jack and Jill bathroom shared with shower/bathtub combo, View of the ocean
- Bedroom 3: Queen size bed, shared Jack & Jill bathroom
- Bedroom 4: Queen size bed, Ensuite bathroom with stand-alone shower
- Bedroom 5: Queen size bed, Queen size sofa bed, Ensuite bathroom with shower/bathtub combo, Kitchen, Washer, Dryer, Lounge Area
FEATURES & AMENITIES
- Fully equipped kitchen
- Formal dining area with seating for 12
- Cable Television
- Air conditioning
- 2 Washer/Dryer sets
- Iron/Ironing Board
STAFF & SERVICES
Extra Cost (advance notice may be required):
- Villa pre-stocking
- Airport transfer
- Activities and excursions
Points of Interest
- 5 minute drive to supermarket, restaurants, shopping, nightlife
- 2.5 miles to Kailua town center
- 15 miles to downtown Honolulu
- 17 miles to downtown Waikiki
- 2 minute walk to Lanikai Beach
- 2.7 miles to Kailua Beach
- 17 miles to Waikiki Beach
- 22 miles to Honolulu International Airport (HNL)