The apartment is located in a part of our house but it has a separate entrance. It is functional, well insulated, overlooking the garden where you can dine in the shade of a maritime pine.
It consists of:
- 1 living room with kitchenette,
- 1 bedroom with shower & handbasin,
- 1 toilet.
Towels & linens are provided.
The cottage is non-smoking (smoking outside is OK).
- Supermarket: 100 metres
- Bar/Tabac/Newsagency: 200 metres
- Bakery/pastry: 250 metres
- Bus: 100 metres
- Pharmacies, doctors: 200 metres
- Butcher: 300 metres
- Shopping centre: 3 km
- Train station: 8 km
- Airport: 13 km
- The nearest beach: 11 km
- "Vieux-port" of La Rochelle: 9 km
- Aquarium La Rochelle: 9 km
- Ile de Ré - Rivedoux-beach: 18 km
- Chatelaillon-beach: 16 km
Furniture, appliances & various utensils provided are of high quality & almost brand new. Here is the detailed list:
SITTING ROOM + KITCHEN
- 1 sofa bed (double)
- 1 coffee table
- 1 flat screen LED 24" TV with English channels + 1 TV stand
- fast WiFi
- 2 hotplates
- coffee maker
- assortment of dishes
- basic groceries (salt, pepper, oil, vinegar ...)
BEDROOM + SHOWER
- 1 double bed - 2 Pillows 60x60 - 1 Duvet
- 2 + 2 bedside lamps
- 1 shower + 1 handbasin and mirror
- two bath towels & two handtowels
- Kitesurfing, windsurfing, sailing, standup paddleboards
- Fishing and shellfish collection
- Sea kayaking
- francofolies music concert in July
- Visits to monuments
- Palmyre Zoo
- Horse riding
- Street entertainment in summer
- Grand Pavois boat show in September
Alain and Claude's comments
We fell in love with La Rochelle and Ile de Ré when we arrived in the region in 2004. If you wish, we will be happy to inform you the best sights and to share our experience, based on the things we enjoy and our favorite spots:
Claude: "I appreciate the special light of the Ile de Ré. Whether you're a keen photographer or not, I will advise you, if you like, on the most beautiful places and the best time of day to view the island."
Claude: "There are many opportunities to observe rare birds in the field. Ibises, spoonbills, egrets, Brant, Avocets, ruddy of Belon, herons, cormorants ... on the Ile de Re. Storks, hoopoe, kingfishers, night herons along the canal and in the swamp. There are also 5 bird reserves nearby".
Claude: "I love to cook and I also like going to local restaurants. I can give you useful information about where to eat, so avoiding too expensive or not so good restaurants.."
Alain: "I spend a lot of time fishing locally. I fish for seabass by surf casting and can show you where and how to fish. If you also enjoy fishing, I invite you to go take a look at my blog.