Spend a spectacular weekend in the Berkshires, enjoying the cool evenings and beautiful golds and reds of October - close to Great Barrington, Lenox, Lee, and Otis for back country road walking, hiking, breathing, theatre, music, visiting our local goat farm for fresh goat cheese, doing yoga, or eating at any of our fabulous farm to table restaurants. Fabulous autumn air, quiet, filled with sunlight, 1 acre fenced in, one dog could be accommodated, depends*.
*see "Other Things to Note"
Beautiful, clean, new, comfortable home with tons of huge windows, open floor plan, bright colors, spacious rooms, chef's kitchen, dining table for 8, comfortable flax colored linen sectional sofa, gorgeous gardens, healthy, clean air, plenty of O2, stretch out and relax - southwestern decor
The Sunshine room with two twin beds is for you, also the living room, dining room, and kitchen, and the outdoor decks and patios. There is another guest room, "Autumn Colors in the Berkshires" which you are welcome to rent as well. There is no access to TV for guests. Kitchen access fine but no "cooking" meals. Plan to come to enjoy the activities of the Berkshires or to read and meditate and enjoy the solitude, the wildlife and nature, and the cultural events that abound.
This is a gorgeous house and very private and quiet. Quiet time after 9PM.
REGARDING DOGS: you are welcome to bring a housebroken, well-behaved dog with up to date rabies and kennel cough inoculation, with you. We have two friendly Siberian huskies who, in most cases, can play with your dogs. However, this is NOT a dog sitting kennel arrangement. Please plan NOT to leave your dog here alone in your room, while you go out. Also no fleas please. We have NEVER had fleas in this yard and don't want to start now.
This is a beautiful, quiet, clean, spacious home with lovely southwestern decor.
1) No smoking and gentle, clean, responsible adults only.
2) Kick back and enjoy a glass of wine? Sure, but no parties and late night activities.
3) The energy of the house is fun and easy but it's a pretty early to bed and early to rise household. If you are coming in late, please be quiet.
4) No 3rd party booking
5) No first time Airbnb guests - guests need to have been reviewed.
6) Well behaved, house broken dog is welcome - but dogs CANNOT be left here alone in room. We are NOT a dog boarding kennel. There are places around where you can board your dog while you are here, if you do not plan to take him with you when you go out.
5) We have two very enthusiastic Siberian huskies - they were just adopted a year ago and love people. They will be confined to the back yard and basement when you are here.
6) A safe, comfortable, quiet and spacious home. It is a huge help to me if you would please plan strip your sheets from your bed on your departure and leave the house as clean as you found it. No tracks please. :)
Thank you so much
Will generally be around to help you with directions, getting settled, finding great places to hike, walk, and best of all, eat. Great, easy access to restaurants in Great Barrington, New Marlborough, Lenox, Lee, and Stockbridge.
My name is Beryl Bender Birch - I use "Sunny Day" for my "friend" page on . I am an author (4 books on yoga), have been teaching yoga for 40 years, live in Great Barrington, MA and have 2 Siberian huskies. I am a great guest - in true yoga style - you will never know I was there!!
5 things I can't live without: air, water, nature, organic vegetables, and dogs!!