Another listing from the experienced hosts of The Gardiner House suite. Private 2nd floor guest bedroom and ensuite half–bath, in a very spacious Victorian house, built in 1889 — lots of shared space! Amazing location in the residential East Side neighborhood. Steps away from Brown, Wayland Sq., restaurants, and shopping. 15 minute walk to RISD and Downtown! Bus stops in front of the house. Off street parking for one car provided. Perfect stay for solo business and casual travelers.
The spacious guest bedroom includes a full size bed, large windows, plenty of shelf space, and an ensuite half–bath.
All guests share a full bathroom, fully equipped kitchen, dining spaces, living room with a Fios TV, and our quiet and peaceful backyard garden at the back. Want to look extra stylish during your stay? Ask for a steamer to quickly unwrinkle your suit or dress. You are also welcome to run a load in the washer & dryer. Complimentary parking for one car included.
We also share our house with Mousse, a wonderful and very laid back short hair indoor male cat.
- Please take out your shoes as you enter the house.
- Please make sure to keep the doors leading outside closed to ensure that the cat stays inside.
- Quiet hours from 10PM—7AM
- You are welcome to arrive to the property starting at 3PM
- Do not attempt to turn your car at the parking. Simply back up to the main road as you are leaving. Be careful as you are driving out, if you hit the edging and the stones come off/loose you are subject to cover the repair expenses or losing the security deposit. The driveway is narrow, but perfectly manageable for any regular car.
- Please keep the entrance door locked at all times.
- Please do not give your keys to anyone else — there is a $250 lost key fee.
- Please do not invite other guests to the property.
- Please be respectful with our property and belongings and make sure to tidy up after yourself, such as washing dishes and wiping the surfaces after using the shared kitchen.
- If you have any special requests — checking–in early, for instance — please make sure that it is OK and that I have sufficient time to respond and prepare for the request. Just sending a note (or not notifying at all) saying that you are going to arrive early is absolutely not accepted and may result in immediate cancellation.
- All guests are strictly required to be familiar with our self check–in instructions prior to arriving at the property. The self check–in is very easy, but there are certain steps to collecting the keys. Guests failing to have the instructions at hand will not be able to enter the suite and their trip will be subject to immediate cancellation. Ringing the doorbell to get in, especially late at night is uncomfortable for other guests and is absolutely not accepted. If you have any questions regarding the check–in please ask in advance instead of when you are already here trying to get in.
I am an artist and fashion illustrator mostly working at my home studio — if not brewing another cup of coffee or out and about for inspiration — so usually around and regularly available to share tips on Providence and Rhode Island!
Traveling fashion illustrator, artist, educator, husband, and father. Love cooking, good coffee, vintage stores, music, discovering new people and places. Experienced Airbnb host and guest!