Sunny Colonial: imagine a full home, historic and close to everything - that's Sunny Colonial! This beautifully furnished historic home is comfortable, bright, and centrally located: a 3 minute walk to Newburyport center, a 1 minute walk to the Maritime Museum, and across the street from the Brick & Ash restaurant.
While Sunny Colonial is close to everything, step into the gorgeous private gardens and you've arrived at a peaceful sanctuary. Dine on the deck or read on the patio.
The private deck with flowering shade tree is the perfect place to plan the day's outings. Upon return from your day full of adventures, you relax with your pre-dinner cocktails surrounded by a gardener's delight! Then, you leisurely stroll to any of the wonderful restaurants of Newburyport. There's something for every palate! After dinner, wander along the Merrimack river in Water Park and voila - you're back to your place.
Sunny Colonial provides the perfect location to explore beyond Newburyport too: Plum Island, Cape Ann (Gloucester and Rockport), Salem, and Boston. This home is within 1 mile of the commuter rail station. The Newburyport Commuter line can take you to the heart of Boston in just 40 minutes or to Rockport, Gloucester, or Salem in 15 minutes or less.
While you don't need a car to enjoy Newburyport from Sunny Colonial, parking for 1 large or 2 compact cars is included in the rental rates.
****** SLEEPING ARRANGEMENTS (maximum occupancy of 8):
Sunny Colonial - has 2 bedrooms inside the home and a seasonal guest house.
** Master bedroom
- Queen size bed between 2 bedside tables with lamps
- 2 Closets
- Big Screen TV
** Guest bedroom #1 - sleeps 1-2
- The daybed is can be set-up as a Twin bed or expanded into a King
- 1 Closet
** Seasonal Guest Cottage - sleeps 1:
The Sunny Colonial guest cottage has a daybed that can be set-up as a Twin.
The Sunny Colonial guest cottage shares the bathrooms in the main house - for this reason guests are encourage to use this during the late spring, summer, and early fall seasons.
** Living Room - sleeps up to 2
The sofa can be opened to a king size bed
**Main Shared Bathroom
- Has a Full tub & shower
***** Sunny Colonial Accommodation Highlights:
- Fully-equipped kitchen with full size appliances, coffee maker, blender dishwasher, & more!
- Living room with Big Screen TV, comfy sofa, and french doors leading to private deck
- Beautiful historic character throughout the home.
- Washer & dryer located in the Kitchen.
- A luxury PACK N PLAY is available for additional charge (subject to availability)
- The owners graciously offer the use of their Gas Grill at no additional charge.
*** iTrip North Shore Properties
As with each of our iTrip North Shore properties, Sunny Colonial features a "starter kit" of a few-days worth of supplies for guests that includes toiletries, toilet paper, paper towels, dish detergent, & more.
The beds at Sunny Colonial are fully made and ready for your arrival with freshly laundered linens. A set of towels for each registered guest is included in the rental rate.
*** Sunny Colonial Guidelines
- Smoking is strictly prohibited. Guests will be fined and immediately evicted if there is any evidence of smoking found anywhere in this home.
- No pets allowed!
- Please NO PARTIES, EVENTS, PERFORMING ARTISTS OR BANDS ARE ALLOWED AT ANY TIME. These are cause for eviction with no refund and may damage our ability to offer the home for future guests exposing you to liability.
- Visiting like a local means being neighborly. Please be respectful of the owner's home and considerate to the neighbors at all times!
*** About Newburyport
Newburyport, a coastal city 35 miles northeast of Boston, Massachusetts, is an historic seaport that extends along the mighty Merrimack river. The Merrimack River leads to Plum Island, a gorgeous barrier island with long expanses of beach, marshes, and nature preserves.
Anchored in a rich Maritime heritage, Newburyport boasts national attractions, vibrant boating, rich culture, and award-winning dining and shopping.
* Hike, pedal, or paddle to explore Parker River or Joppa Flats.
* Explore Downtown's unique boutiques, amazing antiques, fabulous food, craft beer, local wines, and coffee shops.
* Discover Newburyport's seafaring and colonial history - experience colonial life in a historic home tour, see skiffs or ships being built
* Reserve the Newburyport Lighthouse for a private romantic meal.
* Enjoy a cruise to watch whales, fish, SCUBA dive, or dine
* Unique Golf courses nestled amongst sea marshes, tidal rivers, and rocky
*** About Properties managed by iTrip North Shore
Guests staying at all iTrip North Shore managed properties receive the following:
* Welcome pack with treats!
* Amenity pack, containing individual sized toiletries.
* All baths are stocked with fresh towels for guests.
* All beds are ready made for guests with freshly laundered sheets.
* Starter pack, containing paper towels, toilet paper, dish soap, scrubber, dish towel, and dishwasher liquid to get you going for your stay.
39 Dodge St, Suite 227 Beverly MA 01915