Holy Trinity Cathedral of Tbilisi
Holy Trinity Cathedral is main orthodox church in Georgia. as a orthodox complex third biggest around the world. Georgian name: Sameba. it is one of the most visited site in Tbilisi. it's nearest must see place from location of Cheap Room For A Night Tbilisi. just around 2,8 km.
Holy Trinity Cathedral The Trinity (Sameba) Cathedral is one of the tallest Eastern Orthodox cathedrals in the World. The cathedral complex includes an underground section and integrates nine chapels, various supplementary buildings, and beautiful gardens.
The biggest symbol of the Georgian Orthodox Church's post-Soviet revival towers on Elia Hill above Avlabari. Tsminda Sameba, unmissable by night and day, was consecrated in 2004 after a decade of building. A massive and lavish expression of traditional Georgian architectural forms in concrete,…
One of the most beautiful places in Tbilisi, the Old Saint Trinity Cathedral. Enjoy the amazing view of the city from here and grab a Lemonade in Lagidze.
Across the river from the old town is this giant cathedral. In Georgia, there is no shortage of cathedrals and churches but this one is really impressive. The inside isn’t very remarkable though so spend more time admiring the exterior and the city views.
“This is where Vakhtang Gorgasali built his palace, and the site’s first church, when he made Tbilisi his capital in the 5th century. The existing church was built by King Demetre Tavdadebuli (the Self-Sacrificing) between 1278 and 1289, and has been reconstructed many times since. The building is thought to be a copy of King David the Builder's 12th-century church on this site, which was destroyed by the Mongols in 1235.”
“Beautiful nature. Best time to visit is spring , summer and beginning of autumn.”
“Historical building with very beautiful design Always good players - opera or ballet - international Not expensive tickets from 7 $”
“Narikala Fortress can be seen from any point within Old Tbilisi. It was constructed for defense purposes in the 4th century and was considerably expanded over subsequent historical periods.”
“According to legend, the first church on this site was constructed by King Vakhtang Gorgasali in the fifth century and has been rebuilt several times since. Its three-tiered church tower was constructed in 15th century and renovated in the 18th century. Its walls are covered with beautiful frescoes. Visit on a Sunday morning and enjoy the signing of the boys' choir. ”