France’s wine terroir has so much to offer. So I want to share with you the basics of how to enjoy and find your way around French wine.
We aim at making it a fun and interactive session. We will taste wine (6 bottles) and food will be served (cheese, charcuterie and French baguette). And as we undertake our 2 - 2 1/2 hour journey through French wine, we will discuss many different topics.
- What are the main French wine regions and key grape varietals?
- Which style of wines should you expect from which region?
APPELLATIONS (AOCs) AND BOTTLE LABELS
- French wines are mostly defined, and classified, by the location of the vineyard where they're grown, be it a region or a village.
- We will decipher wine labels and talk about our French appellation system.
TASTING AND ENJOYING WINE
- How to analyze a wine using your senses (in particular sight, smell and taste)
- Perceive various wine styles which can be traced to grape varietals, regions and winemakers
- What wines should you favor before dinner or if you're not eating?
- How about pairing with fish, meat, cheese, dessert?
- Recommendations for ordering wine in a restaurant
- Buying wine from a local cellar to bring back home
This experience is suited for beginners, as well as wine enthusiasts who want to learn more about French wine.
每人 價格$1,599 起