Hip, historic, and high end
8位 · 5間臥室 · 5.5間浴室
Sunlight streams through the skylights and herringbone parquet crisscrosses the floors of this South Kensington garden house. Grown-ups will appreciate the delicate moldings and kaleidoscopic damask wallpaper; kids will love the family room and treehouse bed. Built in the Victorian era, the villa is a 10-minute walk from one of the period’s greatest legacies: the Victoria & Albert Museum.
After a day of exploring the city, light the charcoal-burning barbecue in the private courtyard and sip a Pimm’s cup—perhaps one of the U.K.’s finest inventions—while you wait for it to heat up. In inclement weather (this is London, after all), take a honeymoon from the everyday and mix up a cocktail at the indoor wet bar, put an album on the Sonos sound system, browse your feeds via Wi-Fi, or play to win in the games room.
The villa still carries the elegance of its 1850 heritage in its white stucco exterior, columned entrance, parquet floors, and windows stretching nearly to the tall ceilings. But it also has an edge of modern luxury in pieces like a curving black velour sofa in the living room, large-scale bird-and-butterfly wallpaper in the dining room, and marble countertops in the fully equipped eat-in kitchen.
This vacation rental has three bedrooms: a master suite with a queen bed, one with a double bed, and a children’s room with a queen bed. For larger parties on holiday together, there are two more kids rooms: one with a twin treehouse-style bed and one with a single size bed. All of the bedrooms have private en-suite bathrooms.
The villa is a 10-minute walk from a Daylesford Organic Farm shop and cafe, where you can pick up award-winning cheeses for a picnic or stop for a cup of tea, and the world-class collection of the Victoria & Albert Museum. It’s less than 5 miles to many of the must-see sights of greater London, from the splendors of Buckingham Palace and Westminster Abbey to the glass pods of the London Eye.
Copyright © Luxury Retreats. All rights reserved.
BEDROOM & BATHROOM
- Bedroom 1 - Master: Queen size bed, Ensuite bathroom with stand-alone rain shower and bathtub, Dual vanity, Walk-in closet, Fireplace, Air conditioning
- Bedroom 2: Queen size bed, Ensuite bathroom with stand-alone shower, Garden view and access
- Bedroom 3: Queen size bed, Ensuite bathroom with shower and jetted bathtub combo, Desk, Air conditioning
- Bedroom 4 - Kids Room: Twin size tree bed, Ensuite bathroom with shower/bathtub combo, Desk, Air conditioning
- Bedroom 5 - Kids Room: Twin size bed, Trundle bed, Ensuite bathroom with shower/bathtub combo
*Bedding for bedroom 4 & 5 can be reconfigured to include additional bedding upon request and at extra cost.
FEATURES & AMENITIES
- Fully equipped kitchen
- Formal dining area with seating for 6
- Sonos sound system
- Wet bar
- Mini fridge
- Games room
- Video game console
- Office space
- Iron/Ironing board
- Air conditioning
- Alfresco dining area with seating for 6
- Outdoor furniture
- Charcoal barbecue
STAFF & SERVICES
- Housekeeping (from Monday to Friday - half days)
Extra cost (advance notice may be required):
- Airport transfer
- Activities and excursions
- Extra hours/days housekeeping
Points of Interest
- 10 minute walk to Daylesford Organic Farm shop and a cafe
- 10 minute walk to Victoria and Albert museum
- 5 minute drive to Harrods
- 6 minute drive to Kensington Palace
- 1.9 mile to Buckingham Palace
- 2.5 mile to Piccadilly Circus
- 2.6 mile to Hyde Park
- 2.8 mile to Westminster Abbey
- 2.8 mile to Trafalgar Square
- 2.8 mile to Big Ben
- 4.3 mile to London Eye
- 13 mile to London City Airport (LCY)
- 14 mile to Heathrow (LHR)
- 43 mile to Stansted Airport (STN)
Victoria and Albert Museum
Hyde Park Area
Piccadilly Circus Station
The London Eye